Introduction: Cheese Cake With Glazed Fruit Topping
This Instructable will teach you how to make a traditional cheese cake with your favorite fruits topped with a glaze. This cheese cake recipe is simple, delicious and fun for all age groups and levels of cooking experience. It makes for a festive desert that is good for any holiday or occasion. The entire process takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Utensils
• Small sauce pan
• Small mixing bowl
• Measuring cups
• Liquid measuring cup
• Measuring spoons
• Large mixer
• Basting Brush
• Cutting board
• Springform pan
Cheese Cake Ingredients
Graham Cracker Crust
• 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
• 2 T. sugar
• 3 T. butter (melted)
Cream Cheese Filling
• 19 oz. cream cheese (softened)
• 1 c. sugar
• ½ t. vanilla
• 3 eggs
Fruit Topping Ingredients
• ½ c. sugar
• 1 T. cornstarch
• ½ c. orange juice (no pulp)
• ¼ c. water
• 2 T. lemon juice
• ¼ t. salt
• Pick your favorite fruits.
Some suggestions: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwis
Step 2: Creating the Graham Cracker Crust
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) Mix crumbs and sugar in a bowl.
3) Stir in butter thoroughly, making sure that all the crumbs are covered.
4) Press mixture into the bottom and sides of pie plate.
4) Bake 10 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and cool.
Step 3: Making the Cheese Cake Filling
1) Reduce oven to 300°
2) Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl.
3) Add vanilla.
4) Beat eggs in one at a time, until mixture is smooth and all clumps are gone
5) Pour over graham cracker crust.
6) Bake for 1 hour or until center is firm
Note: Watch carefully towards end of baking time to prevent burning.
6) Let cool for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Arranging the Fruit Topping
1) Wash all the fruits.
2) Cut the fruits to suit your preference.
Tip: Slicing larger fruits such as strawberries or kiwis usually works best.
3) Starting at the center arrange the fruit on the cheese cake.
Tip: It usually helps to place a symmetrical piece of fruit at the center. Making it easier to arrange the fruit around it.
Step 5: Making the Fruit Glaze
1) Combine sugar and cornstarch in small a sauce pan.
2) Add orange juice, water, lemon juice, and salt.
3) Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4) Boil for 1 minute.
5) Remove from heat.
6) Let cool for 5 minutes.
7) Using basting brush, brush the glaze over the fruit making sure that any gaps are also filled.
Tip: The glaze keeps the fruit fresh so be sure that the top is completely covered.
8) Chill in refrigerator.
Keep refrigerated and serve chilled. The fruit topping is good for about a week so it can be prepared ahead of time. Happy eating!