This is a work in progress pictures to be added later.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
The ingredients you will need are listed below:
1lb Cottage cheese
16 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups Sugar
4 Eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cups Corn starch
2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 c. Butter, melted
1 pint Sour Cream
1 13.5 oz box of graham cracker crumbs
1 box of 24-50 baking cup liners
Additional ingredients to be used as a topping are optional such as pie filling, chocolate, or Carmel. Another substitution that can be made is the use of chocolate graham crackers depending on the type of topping used or an oreo crust.
Step 2: Making the Crusts
1. Start by placing baking cup liners into a muffin pan.
2. Pour a thin layer of graham crackers into each baking cup
The steps listed above our the simplest way to make a crust other methods include adding butter to each baking cup to hold the graham crackers together better or adding sugar to the crumbs to make the crust a bit sweeter.
Step 3: Combine Cottage Cheese and Cream Cheese
-Sieve the cottage cheese into a large mixing bowl. (this might require mashing it through the sieve, the goal is to remove all of the chunks)
-Add cream cheese and beat at high speed until blended.
1. Mix in eggs and sugar while beating at high speed.
2. Reduce speed to low and add lemon juice, vanilla, and corn starch, beat until blended.
3. Add butter and sour cream, continue beating at low speed until blended.
The cheesecake should now be ready to be poured into the muffin pan.
1. Pour cheesecake into muffin pan filling each cup roughly 3/4 of the way full
2. Heat oven to 325°F and bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick can be poked into one and come out clean
3. let stand for 30 minutes.
4. remove cheesecake bites from pan and let chill in refrigerator or save them in the freezer for later use.