As a college student living in a dorm with only one other person, it is wasteful to make a full-size cheesecake as it will go bad before my roommate and I can finish it all. Because of this, I modified my favorite cheesecake recipe so that it could be served in individual portions and was a smaller batch so it could be eaten before it spoiled.
I hope my instructions will help you make your own delicious personal cheesecakes.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
The ingredients you will need are listed below:
1/2lb Small curd cottage cheese
8 oz. Cream cheese softened
3/4 cups Sugar
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
2-1/2 Tbsp. Corn starch
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 c. Butter, melted
1/2 pint Sour Cream
1/2 box of graham cracker crumbs
Additional ingredients to be used as a topping are optional such as pie filling, chocolate, or Carmel. Another substitution that can be made is the use of chocolate graham crackers depending on the type of topping used or an oreo crust.
Cooking utensils needed
1. A Sieve
2. 12 4-6" Pie/Tart Pans
3. Hand mixer
5. Measuring Cups
6. Large Mixing bowl
Step 2: Making the Crusts
1. Start by greasing each pie/tart dish.
2. Pour a thin, opaque layer of graham crackers into each dish.
Step 3: Seive Cottage Cheese
1. Sieve the cottage cheese into a large mixing bowl. (this will require mashing down the cottage cheese through the sieve with a wooden spoon)
2. Add softened cream cheese and beat at high speed until blended.
Step 4: Add in Eggs and Sugar
1. Mix in eggs and sugar while beating at high speed.
Step 5: Add in Vanilla, Corn Starch, and Lemon Juice
1. Reduce mixer speed to low and add lemon juice, vanilla, and corn starch beat until blended.
Step 6: Add Final Ingredients and Pour Into Dishes
1. Mix in sour cream and melted butter at low speed.
2. Pour cheesecake into prepped pie/tart dishes filling each roughly 3/4 of the way full to allow space for the cheesecake to rise.
Step 7: Baking Instructions
1. Heat oven to 325°F and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick can be poked into the center and come out clean.
2. let stand for 30 minutes.
3. Chill cheesecake in the fridge or store in the freezer for later use.
4. Add any additional toppings that you desire and enjoy!
Participated in the
Sweet Treats Challenge