Me and my family loves Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies but they are so expensive, while the ones you'll find in the supermarket are crunchy and way too sweet. After a lot of trial and error, these cookies are comparable to Mrs Fields, and they are packed with chocolate chips and walnuts. I hope you'll give this recipe a go and you won't go back to store bought cookies.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 200 grams plain flour
- 80 grams white sugar
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( Mine has a 50:50 mix of milk and dark choco-chip)
Step 2: Cookie Dough
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Then add in the white and brown sugar and mix.
- Add in the egg a little at a time to the mixture to avoid separating the sugar and butter mixture. After whisking the egg in, the mixture becomes lighter in color.
Step 3: Cookie Dough
- Sift in the plain flour and mix well with a spatula. It may look like you have too much flour but just keep on mixing and it will come together.
- Add in the walnuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
Step 4: Bake
- Place half a tablespoon of the mixture to a parchment covered oven tray.
- Bake at 150 degrees celsius for 7 to 8 minutes. (I'm using a convection oven). You know it's done when the edges turn to a brown color.
- After they are baked they are super soft so use a spatula and place them on a wire rack to cool. They will harden up when they reach to a room temperature. Enjoy!
Participated in the