Introduction: Chicken Alfredo on a Stick
For the "On A Stick" Challenge we dicided to make a dish that may seem impossible to put on a stick. Chicken Alfredo
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
Makes 8-10 Chicken Alfredo on a Stick's
1lb boneless skinless chicken tenderloin
1.5 cup Bread Crumbs
Italian Herbal Blend
1 tbsp minced garlic
I Jar Alfredo Sauce
Broccoli (optional but recommended)
Step 2: Preparing the Chicken Meatball
1. Grind chicken
2. In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, egg, milk, garlic, seasoning, salt and pepper, and chicken.
3. Mix ingredients. A thick texture is desired. Add bread crumbs or milk to achieve correct thickness
Step 3: Preparing the Dippin' Sauce
1. Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in saucepan. Add garlic. (Because all good recopies start this way)
2. When the garlic smells good, add Alfredo Sauce and Italian seasoning.
3. Turn to low heat and let warm while preparing the rest of the dish.
Step 4: Forming the Chicken Meatball
1. Take the chicken mixture and form into approximately 3" diameter spheres. About the size of a raquette ball.
2. Insert chopstick directly through the center of the meatball.
3. Carefully insert linguine noodles all the way through the meatball. The center of the noodle should be inside the meatball. 10 noodles per meatball.
Step 5: Cooking the Chicken Meatball
1. In a large pot, Bring water to a boil. Add salt and olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
2. Keep meatball completely submerged in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Remove meatball taking care not to let it fall off the stick. Pat dry with paper towel or let sit to drain excess water.
Step 6: Plating the Dish
1. Ladle some sauce in a bowl and place The Chicken Meatball on a stick in the bowl.
2. Optional garnish with steamed broccoli.
3. Use the noodles to mop up the sauce.
Second Prize in the
Stuff on a Stick Contest