Introduction: Chicken Macaroni - Who's Hungry
Mac and Cheese have been around for a long time and there are various versions of it. Today I'm going to show you a quick recipe of how to make Chicken Macaroni which is similar to Mac and Cheese but doesn't have any cheese in it and has a twist in taste to the traditional style.
Today's recipe is Chicken Macaroni, it serves two people and can make a good breakfast or a quick snack.
Step 1: Ingredients
Here is what you need to add to your shopping list,
- 3 Cups of Shell Marconi
- 200g of Chicken
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- 100ml of Milk
- Chicken Masala
- 2 Tsp of Garam Masala
- 2 Tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt to taste
Step 2: Tomato Puree
First, we need to make a tomato puree, to do this we need to
- First, wash and boil 3 tomatoes until the tomato skin starts to crumble which is approximately 3 minutes from the boiling point of water.
- After that, place the tomatoes in cold water and let it cool down.
- When it is slightly warm remove the tomato skin by cutting it slightly on any one side.
- Once you have got Tomatoes without skin, blend it into a puree (liquid paste).
Step 3: Chicken Mix
- Mix the chicken with salt, turmeric, chili powder, chicken masala, coriander powder and a little bit of a salt into a paste so you can apply it on chicken.
- The quantity of the spices depend upon your taste buds I like a good amount of spices so I used a tea spoon of each spice.
Step 4: Boiling the Macaroni
- Boil the Macaroni with an equal amount of water to that of macaroni, leave it for about 10 -15 mins on medium flame and add salt to taste.
- When the macaroni is soft it is ready for the next step.
Step 5: Fry Chicken
- On a frying pan put a scoop of butter and then fry the chicken mixture made in the previous step, constantly flip it to give it an even cook.
- Once cooked, cut the chicken down into small chunks, using a knife and a chopping board.
Step 6: Cooking
The last step is to,
- Add some butter and onion and fry the onion until it turns golden brown.
- Add salt and the tomato puree and stir well till it becomes a thick paste like mixture.
- After that add the chicken and continue stirring.
- Next, add milk and macaroni and mix it well for the flavors to reach inside the macaroni.
- Allow it to cook further 5 mins and then your chicken macaroni is ready to serve.
Step 7: Serve With Love
That's all Foodie's.
Enjoy your Break fast with Chicken Macaroni.