Introduction: Chicken Parmesan (Enhanced Tomato Sauce)
I got to say when it comes to chicken parmesan, I generally enjoy the sauce more than the meat (and hence why the overflowing sauce in the picture). In this recipe, I will be making my own "post-processing" to the grocery store tomato sauce, while still demoing the basic steps (surprisingly troublesome) to making a chicken parmesan.
To make this dish more presentable, just add less sauce to the plate... Like seriously, don't bury the chicken with sauce.
Step 1: Materials
- Chicken breast (using fillet here)
- Parmesan cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- tomato sauce
- Roma tomato
- bread crumbs
- 1 egg
Step 2: Cutting Board Business
- (if using whole cheese) grate cheese to medium size strands
- finely dice tomato and shallot
- crush 2 cloves of garlic
Step 3: Chicken Prep
- Remove any outstanding membrane and ligaments on the meat
- season with rosemary and pepper
- cover with flour
- whisk an egg in a bowl
- mix 1 spoon Parmesan with half cup bread crumbs
- cover each chicken piece with egg thoroughly
- cover chicken pieces with bread crumbs, press down on to the chicken to get the bread to stick.
Step 4: Sauce
- In a hot pan, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, high heat.
- Place in the crushed garlic cloves and let it brown lightly. remove it from pan
- Add shallot and saute nicely
- Add tomato and tomato sauce, mix well, reduce to medium heat.
- melt one teaspoon of butter and sprinkle in basil leaves
- cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from heat.
Step 5: Fry Chicken
- In a hot pan, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- put in the chicken, cook at medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
Step 6: Putting It Together
- Remove chicken from pan
- add shredded cheddar cheese and a tad bit more Parmesan
- pour (or, just add a spoonful) the warm tomato sauce over the cheese.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017