Step 1: Gathering the Stuff
I went to Lowes and bought 7 10 feet PVC of 1/2". I had extra deer netting and extra 1 1/4" drywall screws around the house and strings. I took one section and cut it into 5 foot section. I screwed it into the ends after bending them in shape. I used one section to balance out the top and used strings to hold the rest in place.
Step 2: Using String
I used string to help cut down the cost of what should be a low cost project. I strung three parts of the bottom, just to be sure the chickens won't peck thru the strings. I also strung both sides of the tractor to help with stability issues when it gets windy. I used cable ties from the dollar store to fasten the netting down. I also had extra 2x4 scrap limber around to make a weight to hold down the door. I bought carabiners off eBay for $3 for 6 to hold down the tarp and for securing the flap I used as a door. You can see the wood, used as a weight ad also the string to make sure the netting is secure from anyone squeezing in or out.
Step 3: Shading
Chicks like shade. I had a destroyed tarp I reincarnated as a top for the chicks. The first days I had it was pretty windy so I used a 5 lb sandbag to weigh down the tractor from the wind and also to keep the chickens from finding a crack or hole to get thru. Trust me, they will find it after scratting around. You can see the giant fly swatter I got at the dollar store to get them some snacks and it also works great to herd the little buggers.
Step 4: Placement
They like shade if you don't have a tarp or cover. They also like to scrat or scratch around for food, so keep the feeder and water inside for them. They'll chase each other around as they find bugs and caterpillars so they won't eat as much, from the feeder, as when they are penned in. But for the most part, they will be happier running around and it's safer for your garden and for their safety to keep them gated to protect for predators like feral cats. Keep a couple of scrap lumber to shove against uneven ground so nothing gets in or out. Overall, this cost me less than $30.