Chicken Vindaloo is a hot and spicy dish from the Goa region of India.
Its heavy use of vinegar and traditional meat of pork/chicken/goat mutton are due to the Portuguese influence on the area.
Vindaloo is a popular Indian restaurant meal, where it is often made with pork, beef, chicken, lamb, prawns, or vegetables such as mushrooms.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Chicken - 750 g(cut into chunks, Increase or decrease quantity as per your requirement)
- Potatoes - 1 or 2 (cut into big chunks) - optional
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp (to fry onions)
- Oil - 3-4 tbsp to fry marinated chicken
************** To Grind *************
- Fried Onions - 1 cup (one chopped onion which we will fry)
- Vinegar - 1 or 2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste -1-2 tbsp
- Dry red Chillies - 5-8 (or use chilly powder as needed)
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small piece
- Cloves - 3
Step 2: Fry and Grind
- Add one tablespoon oil to a pan to fry onions.
- Now add finely chopped onions and chopped chillies to the pan.
- When onions become translucent or slight orange then add ginger garlic paste and fry for 30 s to 50 s.
- When fried take out the fried onions, we will grind it.
Step 3: Marination
- Now take all the ingredients mentioned in "To marinate" and add them in a grinder.
- Add very little water and grind the mixture into a smooth paste.
- After grinding take the paste and put it into washed and pat dried chicken pieces.
- Spread and mix the paste well but gently over the chicken pieces. put it to marinate for AT LEAST 30 minutes.
Step 4: Cooking
For detailed and easy cooking instructions please watch the video below,