Chicken and Peanut butter Curry
2 chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
4-6 cloves of garlic
nub of ginger
1 orange or red pepper
3 sticks of celery
large tin peeled plum tomatoes
tablespoon of tomato puree
3 chicken stock cubes
madras curry powder
Canola or toasted seseme oil
1 lge blob / 3 tablespoons of Crunchy Peanut butter
a few plain cashew nuts
• Blend to a paste, the garlic, chillies, ginger and one onion with 1 Tblsp curry powder, oil and some soy. - Marinate the chicken in this
• Roughly chop the other two onions and put in a plastic bag with a the curry powder
• Shake it up then seal the bag.
• Remove the stalky bits from the tomatoes, roughly chop them and add the tomato puree
• Dissolve 3 chicken stock cubes in about a third of a litre of hot water
• Chop the celery and red/orange/green pepper into bite size pieces
• Add the chicken mix to some hot oil in a wok then after a bit add the celery and peppers
• Keep it moving to avoid the garlic burning.
• After a few minutes add the curry dusted onions
• Cooking over a high gas add the stock a ladle at a time like a risotto.
• Keep it moving to avoid burning / sticking – use soy to slacken it off if needed
• Then add the tomato mix, bring back to high heat then reduce heat and simmer.
• Stir in the peanut butter making sure it completely dissolves
• Decant into an oven dish, cover and cook on 150 for about an hour.
• Add cashews (optional) and some single cream for a Korma type dish (optional)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.