Intro: Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
A healthy and easy-to-make stir-fry with chicken and vegetables.
Step 1: Ingredients & Equipment
For this instructable, we will be using a Wok. If you do not have one, don't worry, the food will come out good. The heat transfer is just better on a wok and it is easier to handle.
1/2 Tsp Powdered Ginger
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced into thin strips
1/2 Cup Sliced Bell Pepper (any color)
1/2 Cup Broccoli Florets, cut into small pieces
1/2 Cup Snow Peas (washed and drained)
2 Tbsp Olive or Canola Oil
Optional: 1 Cup Rice or Rice Noodles
It is best to serve this over rice or rice noodles.
Step 2: Meat Marinading
Combine the ginger powder, garlic powder, and soy sauce together in a bowl.
Add the chicken strips and toss them to coat. Let them sit in this sauce.
Step 3: Wok and Roll!
Now to the Cooking!
1) Put the oil into the wok (or frying pan)
2) Put the stove on high heat and let the oil get very hot.
3) Get water on your fingertips and flick them at the oil in the pan. If the water sizzles on contact with the oil, then the pan is hot enough.
4) Dump the the chicken mixture into the wok and let it fry up on both sides for about 2 minutes but make sure they are not overcooked.
5) Remove the chicken from the pan, LEAVING the sauce in the pan.
Step 4: Vegetables
With the sauce in the bottom of the Wok, add the vegetables.
Let them cook for no longer than 2 minutes, or the snow peas will start to wilt and get soggy. Wilted snow peas are no fun.
Step 5: Reinviting the Chicken
With the vegetables cooked, drop in the chicken you took out earlier. Mix everything around and turn off the heat. Let it sit for a few minutes to steam through.
Step 6: Finished!
Now the stir-fry is finished, the best way to serve it is over rice or rice noodles.