Introduction: Chili Paneer Recipe (Hot & Spicy Asian Appetizer)
Paneer Chilli is one of the most popular appetizer in Asia. It is pupular among the locals and foreigners. They love it when they taste for the first time.
Not to be surprised, It is also one of my favourites and if you ask me, you should definitely try it. Chilli Paneer is easy to cook and you can cook it at home.
So, Let's get started...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Paneer 6 Oz (cut in small peaces)
2. 1.5 bell pepppers (sliced, medium size)
3. 2 tbsp all purpose flower OR plain Flower
4. 2 tbsp cornstarch
5. 1/2 tsp salt
6. 2 tbsp oil (olive OR Vegitable Oil) + Oil to fry paneer & capcicum
6. 1 tbsp shredded ginger
7. 1 tbsp green chilly (chopped)
8. 1 tsp chilli flakes
9. 2 tbsp soy sauce
10. 1 tbsp vinegor
11. 1 tbsp tomato paste
Step 2: Prepare the Paneer
This step is optional if you have got soft Paneer, However in my case it wasn't soft so I soaked in hot water with almost 10 drops of lime juice for 10 minutes.
Note: If the Paneer is frozen, you might need to soak it for long time.
Step 3: Making Batter for Paneer Covering
Take a large bowl and put together the following
1. Corn starch
2. All purpose flower
3. Salt (As per your taste)
4. Add 1/4 cup of water in it and mix it
Note: The batter paste shouldn't be too thin, Should be like pan cake batter.
Step 4: Prepration and Frying the Paneer
Preparation of Paneer:
1. Put all the paneer in the batter (Be quick here)
Frying the Paneer
1. Take a big frying bowl and put oil in it
2. Start the flame and let it heat for 4 minutes. (medium flame)
3.Put the Paneer only by one in hot oil
4. and Fry the Paneer till they become golden brown (The camera has not caught golder brown color, you should make it golden)
5. Once they become golden brown, take them out in a plate.
Step 5: Fry the Bellpepper
Just like we fried the paneer, we should fry the bell paper in oil with mix of leftover batter.
1. Put the bellpepper in left over batter (no new batter preparation needed)
2. Put the into same hot oil and fry them until they have glisters on them. (Don't make them crunchy)
Step 6: Finally, Prepration of Chilli Paneer
1. Heat the pan on medium flame
2. Put the oil (1 tbsp)
3. the add the Ginger
4. Add green chilly and stir fry for 1/2 minutues.
5. Add soy sauce, Vinegar, Chilli Flakes and tomato paste
6. Mix them together and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
7. Disolve the corn starch 1/4 of water and add it pan
8. Put 1-2 cups of water and let it cook for 2-4 minutes on low heat.
Note: keep mixing them in between.
Step 7: The Video
Step 8: Add Salt and Spices
- Turn down the flame to lowest
- Add the fried paneer and bellpepper in it
- Mix them and let them soak for 2 minutes
- Turn off the flame and your chilli paneer is ready.
Step 9: The Happy Step.
Your chilli paneer is ready and you can serve it now.
How to eat?
You can just eat chilli paneer or you can get some bread and eat them. Chilli Paneer can also be combined with food on platter and loved ones. :)
1. Taste the slat before turning off the flame and add it if needed.
2. It you like spicy, You can add more chilli powder before adding paneer in pan.
Giv a love up if you like it.