Introduction: Choc Marshmallow Sweethearts
i was running around the whole day looking for these (although simple) ingredients for a friend who wants to make it a part of her birthday party. i love the pastel colours that i chose (although not always) and it so reminded me of my little girl and her pink tutu running around chasing her brother with a light saber (hehe!). i did not even know whether to enter this contest or not but you know..what the heck.. its just for the fun of it.. its the sharing that counts! so good luck experimenting.. (*i call all of my cooking 'experiments ' so no one can sue me if they ever got sick eating it!). try it..you'll love it!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1 - Mise En Place
the ingredients are simple and you can get them at any of your local baking supplier shop. the theme is pastel pink so we'll keep the chocolate and other ingredients 'light' coloured. the hot pink?! oh i went a little crazy there..sorry! i will try to keep it simple so no exact measurements are given so that you can experiment at any volume in the comfort of ur own space n expertise! (lazy? yeah..that too)
mise en place
(serving : 50 pcs) (*closkwise from the top)
50 pcs marshmallows
1-2 drops of candy colours in pink & magenta (purple)
50 lollipop sticks
125 g white chocolate
white rice spinkles
hot pink rice sprinkles
stainless steel bowl
1 serrated knife
small stainless steel pot
Step 2: Step 2 - Putting It All Together
i dont have an over the edge technology to melt chocolates but this DIY double boiler a.k.a bain marie works just fine.
melting the chocolate and mixing the candy colour
1. Fill the bottom pot of your bain-marie(or a small pot) with water and set it on the stove top on low heat.
2. Finely chop 125g of white chocolate and place it in a bowl but do not cover. Place the bowl on top pot of the bain-marie into the water resting in the bottom pot. Make sure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. This will create the needed steam to melt the chocolates.
3. occasionally stir the melted chocolate with a fork (yes.. i dont have a fancy shmancy utensil for this experiment) until smooth n shiny.
4. remove it from the heat and squeeze a drop or two (depending on ur preferences) of the candy colour. continue mixing until the colour is even.
Step 3: Step 3 -
prepare the marshmallow lollipops
1. Gently insert a lollipop stick into the side of each marshmallow. The stick should stop either in the center or until its stable of the marshmallow and not pierce through the other side.
Step 4: Step 4 - Dipping Time!
prepare and place all ingredients side by side the melted chocolates. dip the end of the marshmallows in chocolates half way or full (as preferred) and let the excess chocolate drip through.
Step 5: Step 5 - Skinny Sprinkling
dip the bottom marshmallow with sprinkles. some melted chocolates may stick to your sprinkles bowl but don't fret. more nibbles for you later! don't forget to sprinkle the sides too.
Step 6: Step 6 - Leave to Dry
place the dipped chocolates on parchment paper and leave to solidify. but if it doesn't, then place them in the refrigerator for 5-10 mins.
Step 7: Step 7 - Finally!
once the chocolate marshmallow pops are hardened, stick through the lollipop a small paper cup. Done!
if you have any extra melted chocolates left, pour them in chocolate moulds and place them in the frigde to cool (steps will be posted in another chocolate instructables attempt). :)
Participated in the