When I was little, I really liked eating two types of cookies: Oreo and Lotus. When I was at the Scout Summer Camp we used to make chocolate balls with biscuits every year.
I was thinking that if I could combine my two favorite types of cookies, I would also be able to upgrade the recipe of the original chocolate balls.
When I came home from summer camp, I tried to make the chocolate balls with the twist. After several times of trial and error regarding the right quantities, I came up with this recipe that in my opinion is the winning recipe for special chocolate balls that you can't stop eating.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Tools + Ingredients
- Microwave oven
- Mixing bowl
- Microwave oven bowl
- Flat plate
- Wooden spoon
- 2 plastic bags (to crush the cookies inside)
- Rolling pin (or anything that will help you crush the cookies).
- 250g lotus cookies
- 150g dark chocolate
- 125ml of sweet cream
- 50g of butter
- 6 oreo cookies
desiccated coconut flakes
Step 2: Crush the Cookies
- Put the lotus and oreo cookies inside the plastic bag and put that bag inside another plastic bag.
- Take a rolling pin (or anything that will help you crush the cookies).
- Crush the lotus and oreo cookies until you create a sand-like and little bit of small chunks mix.
- Move it to the mixing bowl.
Step 3: Make the Secret Glue
- Break the chocolate and butter to small pieces in order for it to melt.
- Put them together with the sweet cream inside a microwave oven bowl.
- Into the microwave oven for 30 seconds.
- Take it out and mix it until the butter and the chocolate melt.
- If needed put it for another 30 seconds and repeat the process for a shiny chocolate sauce.
Step 4: Let's Mix It Up
- Pour the chocolate sauce into the mixing bowl with the cookies mix and mix it up until the mixture comes together.
- Now will be the time to bring someone you love to smell heaven =)
Step 5: Cool It Down
- Wrap the mixture with plastic wrap and take it into the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Note this stage is critical to make your life easier in the next step.
Step 6: Create the Magic
- Inorder to "Create the magic" set a flat plate with the desiccated coconut flakes.
- take each time small chunk and roll it in your hands to make a ball-like shape.
- Put the ball you created in the coconut flakes and wrap the ball with them.
- Put the coated ball on the serving plate and repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- I suggest you let it rest for another hour in the refrigerator before you eat it.