Chocolate, Banana, Bread, Dessert
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
3 to 4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp of kosher salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
Step 2: Steps
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. Chop 1/2 cup of walnuts.
3. Mash the bananas in the bottom of a large bowl, enough to make 1 cup. Melt 1/2 cup of butter, then whisk into the bananas along with 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tsp of vanilla.
4. Add 1 tsp of baking soda, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the bowl and stir all together with a whisk.
5. Pour the batter into a loaf pan and top with chopped walnuts.
6. Bake to 55-65 minutes, until a tester or toothpick inserted to the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes; then run a knife around the edge and invert it out onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
* The bread keeps up to 4 days at room temperature, wrap in foil. I kepted mine in Tupperware in which it stayed fresh longer and remain soft.