Introduction: Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies
Two kinds of chocolate and cherries -- what could be bad about these cookies? The only downside: the recipe makes about two dozen, and demand may well outpace supply.
Step 1: Ingerdients
1. One and a fourth (1 1/4) cups flour
2. One half (1/2) teaspoon baking powder
3. One fourth (1/4) teaspoon salt
4. Five(5) tablespoons butter, soften
5. One half (1/2) cup sugar
6. One half (1/2) cup brown sugar
7. One and a half (1 1/2) teaspoons vanilla
8. One (1) large egg white
9. Heaping one third (1/3) cup dried tart cherries
10. Heaping one fourth (1/4) cup semi sweet chocolate chunks (I couldn't find any at my store, so I used chips)
11. Heaping two and half (2 1/2) tablespoons white chocolate chips
12. Cooking spray
Also, use a couple mixing bowls, mixer (hand or stand alone), assorted measuring spoons and cups, mixing spoon, and a cookie sheet.
Step 2: Dry Stuff
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, and salt). Set aside.
Step 3: Everything Else
In another bowl combine butter and both sugars. Beat them on medium speed with mixer until blended well. Add the vanilla and egg white and beat for one (1) minute.
Stir in the flour mixture. I add mine in halfs to make the mixing a bit easier.
Next, add in the chocolates and cherries. I use my hands to get the yummy bits well mixed into the dough.
Step 4: Bake 'Em and Eat 'Em
Use a level tablespoon to form the cookies (I roll mine into balls). Place them two inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for ten (10) minutes or until lightly browned.
Let them cool on the pan for two (2) minutes before removing them.
Now you have a plate full of golden yummy chocolaty nuggets.