Introduction: Chocolate Chip Cookies
· ¾ cup granulated sugar
· ¾ cup packed brown sugar
· ½ cup salted butter, softened
· 2 large eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon table salt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
· 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
· Large bowl
· Mixing spoon
· Measuring cups
· Measuring spoon
· Baking sheet
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preheating
1. Preheat oven to 375°
Step 2: Sugar
2. In large bowl mix both granulated sugar and brown sugar together with mixing spoon.
Step 3: Adding Butter
3. Place butter in a microwave safe dish and heat for about 15 seconds (depending on the microwave) to soften. Do not let the butter begin to melt. Use the mixer or mixing spoon to blend the softened butter in with the brown sugar and granulated sugar.
Step 4: Adding Eggs
4. Add eggs, one at a time while continuously mixing the bowl. If you’re using a mixer make sure the setting is on low while you add the eggs and you are mixing slowly.
Step 5: Preparing the Dough
5. Mix in vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda in batter until all the clumps are broken apart and the cookie dough is smooth
Step 6: Adding Flour and Making the Dough
6. Add all-purpose flour and mix for 2-3 minutes.
Step 7: Adding Chocolate Chips
7. Slowly add in your chocolate chips to the dough while simultaneously mixing the flour in. Make sure you don’t dump all of the chocolate chips in all at once or else they will clump together.
Step 8: Forming Cookies
8. Make the cookie dough balls approximately the size of Ping-Pong balls. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and then place the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on the sheet.
Step 9: Baking
8. Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven when they’re done baking and allow cookies a few minutes to cool before serving.