Introduction: Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
Hello! Today I will be showing you how to make Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies!
These are great Christmas cookies for the holiday and easy to make. This recipe makes 1 dozen cookies.
I hope you enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Baking spatula
- Measuring cup and measuring spoons
- Baking tray
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of coco powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of peppermint bark
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips of your choice
Step 2: Add the Butter and Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix butter and sugar together with a hand mixer.
- Continue mixing until the mixture begins to form into small chunks.
Step 3: Add Peppermint Extract and Egg
- Add the egg and peppermint extract into the bowl and mix!
- Continue to mix until the mixture becomes a paste as seen in the photo to the right.
Step 4: Add Dry Ingredients
- Next add flour, salt, coco powder, baking soda and baking powder into the bowl.
- Once again, continue mixing until the powders completely mix into the paste.
Step 5: Add Chocolate Chips
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Stir using a baking spatula until the chocolate chips are thoroughly mixed in.
Step 6: Add Peppermint Bark
- Cut the peppermint bark into small pieces and mix them into the cookie dough.
- (Optional) Save some of the peppermint bark to sprinkle on the cookies when you take them out of the oven.
Step 7: Cooling
- Next put the cookie dough in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Step 8: Baking
- Form the dough into small balls (you can use a 1 tbsp do do this)
- Put the cookies on a baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Next put cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- The top will look a bit uncooked but if you let the cookies sit for a few minutes they will harden (If you are adding extra peppermint bark onto the cookies, make sure to do it before the cookies cool!)
Step 9: The Finished Cookies
- Ta-dah and there you have it Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies!
This is an entry in the