Introduction: Chocolate Christmas Oreo Bundt Cake
In this instructable I will show you how you can make a chocolate Christmas Oreo bundt cake. I like to make this cake for Christmas, but you can also make this cake for other special occasions or tea party. This cake is rich, moist, full of flavor and gluten free.
To make this bundt cake you will need to have a bundt mold. The secret is to wait at least 15 minutes to let the cake cool off before trying to remove the cake from the mold. Non stick will also help in this process. Beside the bundt mold you need to have the following ingredients: cocoa powder, Oreo, rice flour, coconut oil, coconut sugar, espresso powder, baking soda, eggs, apple, apple sauce and icing sugar
This cake contains apple but it does not tastes like apple cake, it just adds to the richness of the cake. We grade the apple so it will melt inside the cake.
I use rice flour to make this cake, but if you do not have rice flour you can substitute for spelt flour or all purpose flour.
In this recipe I used 6 Oreo’s but add as many as you want (use only if you are gluten tolerant, if you are gluten intolerant leave them out). Leave them a little chunky so you can still see them in the bundt cake. To decorate sprinkle icing sugar on the bundt.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the Chocolate Oreo bundt cake? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 150 ml of coconut oil
- 150 gram coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 150 gram of rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoon milk / 60 ml milk
- 150 gram grated apple
- 100 gram of apple sauce
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 4 icing sugar (to decorate)
- 6 Oreos
Step 3: Instructions
- Grate apple and melt the coconut oil.
- Whisk the eggs before whisking in the milk and the coconut oil in a big bowl.
- Add the grated apple and apple sauce set aside.
- Pre heat the oven on 375℉.
- Put flour, baking soda, espresso powder, cocoa powder and the coconut sugar in another bowl. Whisk through.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all the dry ingredients are covered.
- Put the Oreo's between parchment paper and use a rolling pin to break the Oreo's. Add the Oreo's to the batter.
- Spray a bundt mold with some cooking spray and flour before adding the batter to the mold.
- Bake the bundt cake for 35-45 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Step 4: Notes
If you do not have coconut sugar you can substitute for brown sugar. If you do not have rice flour and are not gluten intolerant you can substitute for spelt or all purpose flour.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.