A signature of Valentine's day is chocolate-covered strawberries, so why not enjoy this treat in the form of a frappuccino! StarbucksSecretMenu has a nice little recipe for this drink and I've made minor changes to make it the way I like it (meaning, more chocolate).
Find more Frappuccino recipes, and other Starbucks copycat recipes, in this collection: Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Step 1: Supplies
This recipe is a single serving and makes about the equivalent of a 16oz Grande from Starbucks.
- 2c ice
- 3/4c milk / or / Half&Half / or / Whipping Cream etc.
- 2 tbsp White Chocolate Syrup* / or / chocolate sauce / or / Torani's Chocolate Milano Syrup / or / White Chocolate Sauce
- 3 tbsp/pumps Strawberry Syrup / or / Strawberry Sauce
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- about 1/8c - 1/4c chocolate chips - I wouldn't use more than 1/4c, but that's your call (optional)
- Pinch of Xantham Gum (optional)
- Strawberries** (optional)
* I used white chocolate syrup just so the drink would turn out more pink/red. It doesn't matter if you use regular or white chocolate.
** The first time I tried to make this with just strawberries and no syrup, but I thought it was hard to get the taste to come through, so I prefer to use the syrup and supplement with strawberries when available, but you can try to make this with just the fruit if you want.
Replace 1/4 cup of the milk with Strong Coffee
- Blender - I use a Magic Bullet at home, it's great for making individual drinks though doesn't blend quite as well as the Vitamix
- Ice cube trays - small ice cubes make for even easier blending
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cups for serving
- Straws - I'm a fan of reusable ones - Red and White Paper Straws (as you see in my pictures)
Step 2: Blend and Serve
Blend everything up. I threw in a few strawberries just because I had them. You don't need both strawberries and strawberry syrup for flavor, but it's a nice touch. Also, make sure those chocolate chips get blended well.
For fun, I drizzled chocolate sauce along the inside of the glass before filling it with my frappuccino mix. I topped my drink with whipped topping, chocolate sauce, and strawberry pieces.