Introduction: Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Strawberries
How to make delicious chocolated dipped cheesecake filled strawberries.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Utensils
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1/2 bag Wiltons Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 Graham Crackers
You will need the following untensils:
- 2 Bowls (one for the melted chocolate and one for the cheesecake filling)
- Ziploc Bag
- Wax Paper
- Paring Knife
- Paper Towels
Step 2: Preparing Strawberries
1) Wash strawberries.
2) Slice the bottom point off, so it can stand up.
3) Pluck stem off.
4) Use Paring knife to scoop out the center of the strawberry to make room for cheesecake filling.
5) IMPORTANT: Dry the strawberries. The chocolate will not stick if wet.
Step 3: Melt and Dip
1) Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute and then for 30 second intervals. After each interval, stir chocolate to see if fully melted. Stop once melted.
2) Line plate with wax paper.
3) Dip bottom of strawberry in melted chocolate and set on wax paper.
4) Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Cheesecake Filling
While the chocolate is cooling, make the cheesecake filling.
In medium bowl, beat together 8 oz of cream cheese, 1 Tbs of milk, and 1 Tbs of powdered sugar until smooth.
Step 5: Filling the Strawberries
1) Spoon mixture into ziploc baggy.
2) Snip corner off baggy.
3) Remove strawberries from freezer.
4) Squeeze (Pipe) cheesecake filling into the center of the strawberries.
Step 6: Graham Cracker Topping
1) Crush graham crackers.
2) Sprinkle on top of the cheesecake filling.
3) Serve or refrigerate for later.
Step 7: Hey Where Did the Rest Go
Eat quickly before everyone else gobbles them down.