Introduction: Chocolate Pecan Pie Cobbler
What a fun variation on a traditional Pecan Pie!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
8 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons rum flavoring
1 1/2 cups whole pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ice cream, if desired
Step 2: Instructions
1. Cut each roll into fourths.
2. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs and rum flavoring.
3. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
4. Add roll pieces and toss gently until well coated.
5. Pour mixture into a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
6. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 30-45 minutes.
7. Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes.
8. Cover with foil last 10 minutes to prevent over browning.
9. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.