Introduction: Chocolaty Snowflake Sandwich
Chocolaty snowflake sandwiches are simple chocolate cake sandwiches topped with white chocolate snowflake and chocolate icing.The fluffy chocolate frosting is sandwiched between a soft and moist chocolate cake.these sandwiches look beautiful and tastes yum..! :Dyou can use your own chocolate cake recipe for making them but for me this recipe makes the yummiest cake.. :)
Step 1: What You Will Need
• chocolate cake :
1. all purpose flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
2. unsalted butter - 3/4th cup (at room temperature)
3. condensed milk - 200 gm
4. cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
5. water - 1 cup
6. baking powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
7. baking soda - 1/2 tsp
8. vanilla extract - 1 tsp
• snowflake :
1. white chocolate - 50 gm
2. granulated white sugar - 1 tbsp
3. wax paper
4. white sheet
7. hexagonal cookie cutter
• chocolate icing :
1. whipped cream powder - 1 sachet (i used dream whip)
2. cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
3. cold milk - 1 cup
Step 2: The Chocolate Cake
1. in a bowl mix the condensed milk, butter and vanilla extract. whisk until fluffy.
Sift all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl.
add the condensed milk and butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
gradually add 1 cup water.
preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
pour the mixture in a greased cake tin.
Bake into preheated oven for 35 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center of cake will come out clean.
let it cool on a wire rack.
cut horizontally into two layers ( 1 cm thick).
cut out hexagonal shapes by using a hexagonal cookie cutter.
Step 3: The Snowflake
1. melt the white chocolate.
2. make a small paper cone.
3. fill the cone with melted white chocolate.
4. mark the vertices of the hexagonal cookie cutter on a white sheet.
5. draw a snowflake by joining all the diagonals of hexagon.
6. p;ace a wax paper over the sheet.
trace the snowflake template.Make sure that the lines are very thick or else your snowflake can break later.
sprinkle some granulated white sugar over the snowflake.(i forgot to do this step for all the snowflakes... :P)
When the chocolate has completely hardened, carefully peel the snowflake away from wax paper.
Step 4: Icing
1. blend the whipped cream powder , cocoa powder and 1 cup cold milk in a bowl.
2. beat on high speed until it forms light fluffy peaks.
Step 5: Make the Sandwich
1. take a slice of chocolate cake. spread the chocolate icing over it.
2. place another slice of cake over it. spread icing.
3. and finally top it with a white chocolate snowflake.
First Prize in the
Participated in the
Participated in the
Comfort Food Contest