Really easy bread just in time for Winter. For more photos check out my blog!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cinnamon Pull Apart Loaf
2 3/4 C flour
1/4 C sugar
1 envelope yeast
1/2 tsp salt
2 oz butter
1/3 C milk
1/4 C water
1 tsp vanilla
For the filling:
1 C sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 oz melted butter
Step 2: Cinnamon Pull Apart Loaf
1. In a large bowl, mix together 2 C flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. In a second bowl, whisk eggs together.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine milk and butter. Microwave until butter is melted. Stir in water and vanilla.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour milk mixture in. Mix until just combined. Stir in eggs until fully incorporated. Add the remaining 3/4 C flour. Stir again until fully combined. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes.
5. Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough inside. Cover with saran wrap and a kitchen towel. Let rise for 1 hour.
6. Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out into a 12x 9 rectangle...ish shape.
7. Use a pastry brush to cover dough in melted butter. Make sure you get all the edges. Sprinkle sugar mixture over and even out with your hands.
8. Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 3-4 inch strips.
9. Stack the strips on top of each other. Use a knife to cut the stack into squares.
10. Put the squares into a well greased loaf pan and cover. Let the loaf rest for 45 minutes- it has worked very hard!
11. Bake the loaf in 350F oven for 25-30 minutes. Wait until the tops are dark golden to ensure that the center is cooked through. Remove from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.