Introduction: Cinnamon Roll Buns
The easiest steps to make the most delicious homemade cinnamon rolls
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
Gather all your appropriate materials needed for this recipe such as ...
1 C. warm milk
2 ½ tsp. Dry yeast
2 eggs (room temp.)
⅓ C. white sugar
1 tsp. Salt
4 C. all-purpose flour
¾ C. heavy cream
1 C. brown sugar, packed
2 ½ Tbs. ground cinnamon
⅓ C. butter, soften 1 C. oats
4 oz. cream cheese, soften
¼ C. butter, soften
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
⅛ tsp. Salt
1 ½ C. confectioners sugar
3 Tbs. milk
Step 2: Part 1 - Making Dough
- In a large bowl put 1 cup warm milk
- Add ½ cup sugar Whisk together well
Step 3: Part 2- Making Dough
- Sprinkle 2 ½ teaspoons of dry yeast over milk mixture.
- Let poof for 5-10 min.
Step 4: Part 3- Making Dough
- 2 eggs Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup melted butter
Step 5: Part 4- Making Dough
adding in a little bit of flour at a time and whisking together.
Step 6: Part 5- Making Dough
- Turnout formed dough on a working surface
- Knead together adding rest of flour.( Total of 5 cups flour)
Step 7: Part 6- Making Dough
- Put finished dough in a greased bowl
- Cover bowl with wrap
- Let poof for 55 minutes in a warm area.
Step 8: Part 1- Filling
While dough is poofing up combine...
- Brown sugar
- Oats (ancient grain)
- Cinnamon ..... mix together well
Step 9: Part 7- Dough
Once the dough risen, roll it out into a rectangle.
Step 10: Part 2- Filling
- Soften ⅓ butter and spread evenly on dough
- Take the dry mixture and spread evenly on dough
- Press gently down so the dry mix will stick to butter
Step 11: Rolling Dough
- Roll the dough the long way into a “log”
Step 12: Cutting the Dough/ Rolls
- Section the dough in thick piece using dental floss
Step 13: Before Baking
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper
- spray with non-stick spray
- Place the cut dough in pan and pat each piece down
- Cover with wrap and clean towel Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pan close to the oven so the dough rolls can double in size for about 30min.
Step 14: Making Them Nice and Juicy
- Once the rolls doubled in size, place in oven for 10min.
- After 10min. take the rolls out
- pour heavy cream over them
- Put back into the oven
Step 15: Icing
- combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla & milk
- Whisk together
- Slowly add in powdered sugar by parts Total of 1 ½ cups
- Whisk well, add more milk if you want the icing thin.
Step 16: Final Step
- Once rolls are golden brown take rolls out of the oven
- Let cool for 3 min
- Spread frosting on top, make sure rolls are hot so the frosting can melt inside the cracks
Step 17: ENJOY
Enjoy your rolls with a nice cold cup of milk or drink of your choice