Intro: Cinnamon Water
Cinnamon as a spice has lots of health benefits and the details are available in the following link:
Cinnamon has been found to activate insulin receptors as well as stimulate important enzyme systems involved in carbohydrate metabolism. Therefore, it can regulate the levels of blood sugar and increase metabolism and this, combined with its ‘bad cholesterol’-reducing action makes it a wonderful weight loss aid.
Step 1: Ingredients
Water – 1 ltr
Cinnamon stick – 2 to 3 medium sticks
Step 2: Method
1. Soak the Cinnamon sticks in 1 litre of water for 3-4 hours.
2. Boil the water to half a litre and allow it to cool.
3. Drink this water in empty stomach before breakfast or before bed.
- Adding a teaspoon of honey or lemon juice to the cinnamon water will enhance the taste and has additional benefits.
- Refrigerate the leftover cinnamon water and consume within 2 days.
- We can make healthy energy drink at home by adding an apple to the stored cinnamon water. This should be consumed within a day.
Detox your body in a healthier way by sipping this water :-)
Checkout my blog ssriranjini.wordpress.com for more updates.