Introduction: Classic Butter Cookies
Biscuits and cookies have become a regular companion of our lifestyle.Among the multiple varieties of cookies available in the market or in the diaries of cooks ,these butter cookies is an inevitable one.
For me this is one of the classic recipe that i learnt at the beginning of my baking career and also something to be passed on to generations for sure.
The richness of the butter make these cookies super crisp and smooth and a perfect companion for a cup of milk or tea/coffee.
These cookies will make your snack time more crisp and buttery.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- All purpose Flour- 1 cup
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
- Butter- 100 gm
- Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
- Milk- 2-3 tsp
- White Chocolate
- Silver Pearls
Step 2: Dough Making
- In a large mixing bowl, measure and take butter in room temperature.
- Add powdered (icing) sugar in the bowl. Start beating or mixing using electric beater (low speed) or use a hand mixer.
- Mix the butter and sugar thoroughly into fine paste consistency as shown in the picture.
- Now sieve and add the maida flour (all purpose flour) along with baking powder and baking soda
- Add half tsp of salt if you are using plain butter. ( I am using salted butter so it's not needed here)
- Mix again with a beater or spatula. It will turn into a crumbly texture.
- Add a tsp of vanilla essence and mix well.
- The dough becomes wet crumbly texture because of the butter. Start kneading again to form a whole crack less mass.
- If your dough is still powdery and able to knead, you can use few tbsp of oil or milk to knead. I used 2 tbsp of milk to form the dough as shown.
Step 3: Baking
- Now use the clean wrap sheet to cover the dough and keep it in refrigerator for an hour.
- After an hour, Roll out the dough from rolling pin and use your cookie cutter to get the desired shape.
- Keep them in fridge for 6-7 hours
- Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 Degree celcius
- After pre- heating the oven, take out the cookies from refrigerator and put it in oven for 15-20 minutes.
Sorry, I missed pictures of 2 steps ( Covering it with clean wrap sheet to taking it out from fridge)
Step 4: Decorating
- Let the cookies cool down completely.
- Now dip half part of the cookies in melted white chocolate and sprinkle silver balls on it.
And it is ready to eat.
Enjoy these super smooth classic butter cookies
Participated in the