- We usually use desk organizers to organize our work place.So today I'm going to show you how to make a desk organizer using waste material.You can simply make this organizer from household waste.So it's environment friendly.Carefully follow these steps so yo can be successful.See every picture I've uploaded because I will describe each step according to pictures.
- Ice cream sticks
- empty plastic bottles
- wooden board
- glue gun and sticks
- super glue
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Making the Bottom of the Organizer
- Ice cream sticks have 2 curved sides. So first you need to cut 1 side of the stick as shown in the first picture.
- You have to cut 6 sticks.
- Then paste those sticks together to make a surface [picture 2].
- Paste another stick under the surface to make it strong as shown in picture 2 and 3.
- Then make five more parts as above.
- Paste those parts together making small spaces between them[picture 4].for this you can take some ice cream sticks and paste them under as shown in picture 5.
- Now the bottom surface is finished.
Step 2: Making the File Holder
- First get two sticks and cut one curved side as step 1.
- Then paste them vertically to the bottom part to the spaces we saved earlier in step 1.
- Then take another stick and paste it horizontally to the two sticks.
- Paste another stick angle to the above part as shown in picture 1
- Take another stick and cut it to small pieces as shown in picture 2
- Then paste them to the bottom of the above part to make it strong. [picture 3].
- Now make 5 more of these parts and paste them to the bottom surface.
- Now take some other sticks and paste them to the file holder horizontally[picture 5]
- Finally take the wooden board and paste it under the file holder.[picture 6]
Step 3: Making the Pen Holder
- Get 3 sticks and cut one curved side as step 1 [picture 1].
- Then paste them together to make a triangular shaped tube.
- Get the 2 bottles and cut them in half [picture 3].
- Now paste two sticks horizontally to the triangular tube as picture 4.
- paste the half cut bottle to this part.
- Then do the same to the other half cut bottle.[picture 6].
Step 4: Making the Last Part
- Get 6 ice cream sticks and cut them according to the picture 1.
- Now paste them together to make a cup as picture 2.
- Make two cups as above.
- Then get another 5 sticks and paste them as in the picture 3.This will be the base of the pen holder.
- Now paste the two cups as shown in picture 4.
- Then paste the pen holder[picture 5]
- Get some sticks and paste them under this part to strengthen it.[picture 6].
- Finally paste this part the the file holder.
- Now the organizer is finished.
Step 5: Finishing Touch
- All you have to now is paint this organizer.You can color this as you like .Anyway I recommend fabric paint because it colors great.I used scarlet orange and black and the organizer looks great with the combination of these colors.
- This organizer has five categorized file holders.Now take a long piece of colored paper and write the names of the five working days in the week and paste it to the file holder to categorize each.
- The purpose of the above step is that you can categorize and organize your work to each day according to a time table.In this way teachers can organize their lessons to each day by using this organizer.
- This organizer is recommended for teachers to organizer their lessons.but other way you can us this as book holder.
- Hope you enjoy.Thank for viewing. Don't forget to add a comment.
This is an entry in the
Classroom Organization Challenge