EK-supremacy EVO - Nickel is one of the best CPU water block that is copper made n nickel plated.
CPU socket compatibility:-
- Intel LGA-1150/1151/1155/1156
- Intel LGA-2011(-3)
- Intel LGA-2066 and AMD sockets too
This water block was used for a year+ before this operation.
Unless the condition is really disturbing it is recommended not to open it.
The following guide can be used to clean any nickel or nickel plated object
- Hex screw driver set
- Chili garlic sauce (5 grams is enough)
- Liquid dishwasher (5 grams is enough)
- Tissue paper
As i was working on my recent pc mod for a friend. Someone might have noticed that the water block was getting a bit orangish brown in the videos too. I didnt take much notice but i was discussing the cable management with my friend and he said that the block is looking a lil yellowish.
So as i had time as the filters and fan havent arrived yet i decided to open it and clean the water block. This is EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel. I know pretty much every way of cleaning copper but this was nickel plated so did a lil research before just jumping in and found that acids area really bad with nickel. I have only experience with diluted HCL but that is way bad for nickel aaaaand as it is just plating it will vanish pretty bad if it reacts. So went with vinegar first then the liquid dishwasher. They did the job but it was not even satisfactory so i gave chili garlic sauce a shot and booom.
Step 1: Its Really a 10 Min Job Tops
Open the 4 hex screws present at the bottom of the water bock.
* Keep in mind the orientation of the stuff in there to assemble it back again properly.
* Just as a tip. The cut in the jet plate is always perpendicular to the fins.
* Rest of the stuff doesn't require any force you can just pull all the things off for easy cleaning.
Now i tried white vinegar and Dish-washing liquid but the results were not good so skip that part.
Our main focus is cleaning the nickel plated copper plated rest of the things can be easy cleaned using a toothbrush and Dish-washing liquid
- Put you water block on a flat surface with the fins portion upwards.
- Put in some chili garlic sauce in there covering all the fins and nickel plating.
- Scrub it with a toothbrush for a min making sure you are reaching each corner.
- Wash it with water.
- Put on some liquid dishwasher again making sure you are covering all the nickel area.
- Scrub it with a toothbrush for a min making sure you are reaching each corner. This is to remove all that sauce.
- Dry it using a tissue paper.
- Assemble it back and enjoy good as new performance.
So the best thing to clean copper for me was a diluted HCL and for nickel it is chili garlic sauce.
Let me know if u know any better household item.