Introduction: Climbing Backpack W/ Frame and Pattern
Here is my first shot at making a DYI backpack project.
It can made from durable industry standard heavier materials (500D cordura or 840D Ballistic) on a home machine or very heavy duty materials on an industrial machine (1000D cordura or 1680D ballistic)
All the instruments (with build pictures), pattern and places to order materials from are on the pdf's below. I am trying to convert them to JPG's while keeping the scale the same and keeping them printable on a plotter.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Get Info
Here are the general pages, these include the tools and materials and optional sewable padded shoulder straps.
update: you can and should now get the sternum slider-duel from quest for the sternum strap. Your sternum strap webbing and duel ajust slide release buckle should also be 1' to match the hardware.
Step 2: Here Are the Pattern Plates
The first two are the pattern. The 2nd two are a break down of the first plate in the instance that you can not print the first plate in Arch E
Step 3: Now the Instructions
here are the detailed instructions, complete with pictures.
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 1.pdf
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 2.pdf
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 3.pdf
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 4.pdf
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 5.pdf
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 6.pdf
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 7.pdf
- Internet pack v2-instructions page 8.pdf
Step 4: Instructions Continued
That is all. Have fun!