Imagine biting into a layer of froth, light-weight as a snow flake, infused with sweet khoa and garnished with layers of almonds and pistachios. The froth melts as soon because it touches the warmth of your tongue, leaving a path of creamy sweetness and crunchiness of nuts. This delicate, textural dessert disappears almost instantly – like dew drops on a sunny morning – but packs a flavor that stays with you for a long time.
It is a heavenly souffle that compliments the mood and the feel of nippy winter days perfectly.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Full-cream milk, unboiled – 1 ltr
- Double Cream – 250 ml
- Cream of Tartar – 1 tsp
- Caster sugar – 5 tsp
- Dry Fruits-Pistachio – finely sliced, raisins,Almonds
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Rose Water- 8-10 drops
- 150 gm khoa ( solidified milk)
Step 2: Method of Making Foam
- Mix milk, cream and cream of tartar in a big bowl and refrigerate it overnight.
- Add rose water and 4 spoons of icing sugar and mix it using hand blender at full speed.
- Foam will be created by blending, collect it from strainer and keep it aside on a tilted plate(better option than the bowl) so that remaining milk slips away, take that milk and add back in the milk mixture and blend it again.
Keep removing froth as it gets created in the blender and layering it with castor sugar.
Keep the foam in refrigerator for some time so that it can get chilled and thick.
- Serve this foam in bowls and garnish it with khoa, chopped pistachios and raisins.
Tip- Use icing or caster sugar which gives more sweetness and melt- in- mouth texture . You can also use saffron strands for garnishing or can even mix in the milk.
Step 3: Method of Making Caviar ( Orange Pearl)
- 1/2 cup VEGETABLE OIL (flavorless and one that remains liquid when chilled)
- 1/3 cup pure FRUIT JUICE (here i used orange juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon AGAR AGAR POWDER
- Pour oil into a tall-ish glass and chill (the oil must be cold).
- In a very small saucepan bring juice and agar agar to a boil. Reduce to gentle simmer and cook 1-2 minutes, or until agar agar is dissolved.
- Let cool 3-5 minutes.
- Fill an oral syringe or a dropper with the juice. Drop, one drop at a time, into the cold oil. Little caviar orbs will form on contact with the cold oil and fall to the bottom.
- Strain caviar using a fine mesh strainer.Drop it into chilled water in a cup.
- Store caviar in water until ready to use.
- Lay on a paper towel-lined plate and pat dry.
Step 4: Garnishing
- Pour some orange syrup on the plate.
- Make base from khoa and put the foam on it.
- Sprinkle caster sugar on it and the orange pearls /caviar.
- Finally , top it with dry fruits.
Runner Up in the
Science of Cooking