Intro: Coachella Ferris Wheel Nail Art
Snow Me White - Sinful Colors
Lemonade - Orly
Pink Blink - Sally Hansen
Cotton Candy - Orly
Jewlie Box - Barielle Shades
Barefoot in Blue - Essie
Pepperminty - Ciate
Migi Nail Art Pen in Black
Step 1: Painting Your Base
1. Paint a base coat of white polish. It doesn’t need to be perfect. It is just there to make your sunset colors more vivid.
Step 2: Creating the Sunset
2. Paint each third of your nail with your light yellow, light pink, and light blue. It is okay (almost better) if the coverage is imperfect. This helps to make the effect really look like clouds in the sky! Let dry completely.
3. Take your dark pink polish and get as much of the polish out of the brush as possible when wiping it back and forth on the opening of the bottle (just make sure there is little/no excess of polish). Using light strokes, paint side to side over the edge of the light yellow and light pink. Try to make these colors fade into each other. Do the same with your purple/blue tones towards the top. If you are not satisfied with the blending, I like to take clear polish and, using a good deal of polish, paint over the colors and smudge them together.
Step 3: Creating the Basic Shapes
4. Using a black Migi nail art pen (or small brush), draw a circle in the bottom right corner of the nail.
5. On the inside of the previous circle, draw a smaller, thinner circle.
6. Draw two lines from the center of the circle outwards just past the outer circle.
Step 4: The Details
7. Draw thinner lines from center of the circle to the outer circle.
8. Around the outer circle, paint long, horizontal dots. The ones on the sides can go over the outer circle, that is, showing on both sides of the line.
Step 5: Landscape Details
9. Make a lumpy/uneven “french tip” sort of look on the edge of your nail.
10. Add a little palm tree off to the side and you’re set!
Runner Up in the
Hair & Makeup Contest