Intro: Cocoa Butter Miracle Healing Salve
Miracle Healing Salve
About Cocoa Butter Miracle Healing Salve:
I developed this delightful concoction because I am on a quest to stay away from applying harmful chemicals contained in many commercially prepared products. I have done a fair amount of experimentation while making this and have found that this recipe works best for me. You can play around with it and find what works best for you. Enjoy!
Step 1: Materials List
· 2 - 2 oz. Mason Jar with lid
· 1 qt. sauce pan
· 1 cup glass measuring cup
· 2 TBSP Organic Coconut Oil*
· 1 TBSP Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
· 1 TBSP Beeswax Pellets*
· ¼ cup Organic Cocoa Butter*
· 1 TBSP Organic Shea Butter*
· 10 drops Avocado Oil*
· 10 drops Almond Oil*
· 10 drops Vitamin E Oil*
· 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil**
· 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil**
· 15 drops Rosemary Essential Oil**
*These products can be purchased at your local health food store or through Amazon.com.
**These essential oil products can be purchased at your local health food store or through independent distributors such as Young Living or DoTerra Essential Oil companies.
Step 2: Procedures
1. Place the coconut oil, olive oil, beeswax pellets, cocoa butter and shea butter into glass measuring cup and place the cup into about 1 ½ inches of water in a 1 qt. sauce pan.
2. Heat the water on the stove on medium heat and melt the mixture, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the mixture is melted, let it cool for about 15 minutes.
4. Drop the remaining ingredients into the cooled mixture as prescribed above.
5. Pour mixture into mason jars and cover with lid.
6. Mixture will set up in an hour or so
7. If you would like, you may create simple or elaborate labels for your product and decorate the jar with ribbons according to your preference
Step 3: Uses
· Use as day and nighttime moisturizer; this works well under makeup if you let it sit on the skin for 15 minutes before applying makeup
· Use during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks and to sooth tight or dry skin
· Use to soothe sore muscles
· Use to aid healing of minor cuts and bruises
· Use to diminish the appearance of scars
· Use as lip balm
· This makes a lovely gift
Step 4: Precautions
· Keep this product away from the eyes. It should not harm your eyes but because the mixture contains peppermint oil, it will cause discomfort. If you accidentally get a little into your eyes, use coconut oil to relieve the stinging. Water will not help.
· Keep out of reach of children.