Made this quicky granola this morning for our breakfast :D My 4 years old loves it, he had 2 bowls of breakfast (small bowls), without any additions, just the granola and milk. However, my 8 years old prefers with additional fresh fruits and drizzle of maple syrup.
This granola can be served as cereal, snack, and yogurt topping. You can turn them as bars as well, with a little adjustment to the way you prepare it :)
The recipe makes about 5 cups!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c millet
- 3/4 c hemp seeds
- 1/4 c unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 c roasted unsalted cashew, chop roughly
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 1 orange, grate the skin
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/4 c goji berries
Step 2: Method
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients thoroughly
- Pour in wet ingredients, mix completely
- Spread on a baking tray evenly
- Bake for 10 minutes on preheated 300 F, take tray out, stir thoroughly, spread evenly again, then bake for another 10 minutes, repeat steps, then bake for another 10 mins
- Take out tray, then right away mix in goji berries, raisins, and grated orange skin
Step 3: Enjoy! :)
Participated in the