Introduction: Coconut Flour Pizza With Caramel Apple Crisp Topping
I have been hearing a lot about coconut flour now a days and I very badly have been wanting to try it because I am a big coconut fan. So I tried the coconut flour to prepare this awesome pizza and I am so so so glad that I did. The taste of coconut is very mild, base comes out fluffy and soft with crisp edges. And the topping is amazingly fragrant with bold yummy flavors. Perfect combination. Hope you like it.
Step 1: Ingredients to Prepare Coconut Flour Pizza Base
- Coconut Flour - 3 tbsp sifted
- Eggs - 2
- Flax seed meal - 3 tbsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup (I used full fat milk)
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
Step 2: Steps to Prepare Coconut Flour Pizza Base
- In a small bowl add the eggs and beat well
- Add milk, salt, flax seed meal and coconut flour and mix well
- Take a cake pan or any oven safe pan and cover it with parchment paper or aluminum foil and grease it with littl coconut oil
- Spread the mixture evenly on the pan with the help of a spoon
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes flip the pizza base and keep it aside to prepare the toppings
Step 3: Ingredients to Prepare Spiced Apple Topping
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tsp Whole wheat pastry flour/all purpose flour
Step 4: Steps to Prepare Spiced Apple Topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add apples to a small bowl.
- Toss apples with white sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Spread apples evenly over crust. Set aside.
Step 5: Ingredients to Prepare Crisp Topping
- 1/4 cups Whole wheat pastry flour/all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1.3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Caramel topping
Step 6: Steps to Prepare Crisp Topping
- Make topping by combining flour, oats, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Top apples with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy as is or with Vanilla ice cream :)
Participated in the