Introduction: Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Finally! Finally a Paleo friendly ice cream that tastes just as creamy and just as delicious as regular dairy ice cream exists! This is Dairy Free Ice Cream because it’s made out of Coconut Milk (cream) versus a dairy based cream. It also won’t cost you an arm and a leg to buy it like such commercial brands of dairy free ice cream, and you can control exactly what you put into it. This ice cream base has only 3 ingredients and is super versatile to make into other flavor combinations. The ice cream base itself will make a delicious vanilla flavored ice cream, however you can see the flavor combinations below to turn it into chocolate, chocolate chip, coffee, or paleo butter swirl. Or you could combine a combination of these and create your own fantasy flavor.
Ice Cream Maker
With this recipe, you’ll need to use an ice cream maker of some sort. (GREAT INVESTMENT DURING THOSE WARM SUMMER DAYS). I recently ordered this Hamilton Beach 1.5 Qt Ice Cream Maker and have found it quite pleasing and easy to use it. This or a similar model is definitely preferable to a maker which requires the purchase of ice and salt every time you need to make ice cream. This model DOES NOT require separate salt and ice, and it works as simply as freezing an ice cream bucket overnight prior to use. With this Hamilton Beach 1.5 Qt Ice Cream Maker, you can stick the bowl in the freezer any time you’re not using it, and be prepared to be eating any homemade ice cream in as short as about 20 minutes! In addition, this ice cream maker will work perfectly for this recipe. Also, if you order from one of the links above, it doesn’t cost you anything extra, but it sends some financial love towards Paleo Panther to help us keep running our site, and publishing more great recipes! So we appreciate it if you do so! See below for the recipe and Paleo Panther Video Recipe on how to create this delicious Dairy Free Ice Cream.
Step 1: Ingredients and Instructions
Vanilla Base Ingredients:
- 2 cans Coconut Cream or Full Fat Coconut Milk (just the cream, save the milk)
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- For Chocolate Flavored 1/3 Cup Cocoa, Cacao or Carob Powder
- For Chocolate Chip Flavored 2/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- For Coffee Flavored 2/3 Cup Instant Coffee
- For Almond Butter Swirl Add 2 or 3 Tbsp Almond Butter to the Ice Cream as it’s churning
- Place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer and freeze overnight. (Mine is in the freezer any time it’s not in use.)
- Place the 2 cans of coconut cream/full fat milk in the fridge and chill overnight. (I keep a handful of these in the fridge at all times as well just in case I want instant ice cream.)
- Add the base ingredients to a blender to create your ice cream base.
- Add the additional ingredient/ingredients to flavor as necessary, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker from your freezer and begin to run it on the ice cream maker.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the freezer bowl and churn for 15-20 minutes.
- When desired ice cream consistency is reached, remove from the ice cream maker, serve, and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer and thaw for 10-15 minutes before enjoying again!
Step 2: Video Recipe
Runner Up in the