These taste GOOD yall!
Got the recipe off youtube! The link is below.
Link to recpie: https://youtu.be/vQC3l8L468c
Ingredients: 1 lb of Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined but tail left on and butterflied
1 cup of All Purpose Flour
1 Egg 1 cup of Mineral Water, you might need a bit more
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 ½ cups of Shredded Coconut
½ cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
½ cup of Additional Flour
1 tsp of Granulated garlic
1 tsp of Paprika
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the 1 cup of flour, granulated garlic, paprika, baking powder, salt, black pepper, egg and mineral water. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and shredded coconut, set aside.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3) Take each shrimp by it’s tail, dust it in the flour, dip it in the batter (shake off as much of the excess as you can) and coat it in the coconut mixture and place it on the baking sheet, repeat with the remaining shrimp and pop them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
4) Preheat some vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet, place enough oil to come up half way up the sides of the skillet, allow it to get nice and hot to about 375 degrees.
5) Fry the shrimp in batches for a couple minutes on both sides or until golden brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel lined plate and serve right away!
Orange Chili sauce:
1/2 cup orange marmalade 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon chili paste 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
Link to recipe: http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/coconut-...