Intro: Coconut Snowballs (macaroons) (GF)
If you like this video and this recipes, it'd be super cool if you could subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Darnyouglutenfood
Step 1: How To
1. Start by mixing the coconut, the honey, the coconut oil, the vanilla extract, the quinoa flour and the milk in a bowl. Mix well, until all the ingredients are combined and you don't have any clumps left.
2. Place your egg white in a very clean bowl. You can rub some lemon juice on the sides of the bowl to make sure there isn't any grease that would hinder the next step. Add the pinch of salt then whisk the egg. (I like to start by lightly whisking it by hand first because my whisk only has one setting that's pretty fast). Whisk the eggs until soft peaks form. Then gently add the sugar down one side of the bowl and continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold the coconut mixture you prepared before into the egg white. Be careful not to knock all the air out of the mix, or you'll just be left with a gloopy mess.
4. Spoon little balls of about a tbsp of the mix onto a lined oven tray, you can carefully shape them with your fingers (but again: be careful not to knock them flat).
5. Place in the bottom half of oven that has been preheated to 120°C for 20 mins, then move them to the middle of the oven and turn the heat up to 150°C and let them bake for another 5-10 minutes (or until they turn golden).
Step 2: Admire and Enjoy Your Work
That's all you have to do to prepare these delicious coconut snowballs that are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. This little batch was gobbled up pretty much instantly once it came out of the oven.
If you want to be a little bit fancy, try dipping them in some white chocolate. Taste-bud delight guaranteed. Well, if you like coconut and white chocolate that is.