This coffee ice-cream tastes just as good (or maybe
even better) when it is not totally frozen yet. Then you can drink it like an iced coffee, mmmm!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
What you need
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream (>31% fat)
- 2/3 cups of sugar and 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 10 grams/1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 espresso coffees (I made them with the percolator)
Step 2: What You Do
1. Mix together milk, whipped cream, vanilla sugar and 2/3 cup of sugar in a pan on medium fire
2. Keep on stirring and when it boils turn off the fire
3. Mix in corn starch mixture and turn on the fire, medium again, while stirring
4. After 5-10 minutes the cream mixture should be thickened and you can turn off the heat
5. Stir in the espressos and let it cool
6. Place it at least 2 hours in the fridge before putting it in the ice-cream maker
7. Once the ice-cream maker did the job, freeze it for at least 4 more hours (stir every hour)
Step 3: Enjoy!
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Contest