Im going to show you how to make and decorate a coil pot using clay .
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Coil Pot
1. Get a piece of clay, flatten then cut into a round shape.
2. Next, roll some clay into a long sausage to make a coil.
3. Attach more coils until you are happy with height of your pot. smooth the sides as you build the pot.
4. Take a damp sponge & gently wipe the sides to make the pot smooth.
5. To create the rim, add a few more coils & smooth the sides
Step 2: To Finish Coil Pot
6. To make decorations, model some fresh clay.
7.To attach decorations, wet the clay, score some criss-cross lines on where you want to attach pieces wet the piece of clay and attach to pot .