Collapsible Cornhole Boards

15,201

57

4

Intro: Collapsible Cornhole Boards

I had the idea to make a collapsible set about 4 years ago while living in the dorms where space is at a premium.  This is my second (lighter, thinner, just as sturdy) set, as the first was destroyed by rain and drunkenness last summer (I had mistakenly lent them to a less than responsible friend for a weekend).  They collapse to just over 2" thick when stacked.  Everything was hand painted by my girlfriend and I.  The boards are 1/2" MDF and the braces are 1/2" Birch Plywood.  I also used 36" continuous (piano) hinges. Weighing in at 18 pounds each, they also can support my 187 pound body.

Share

    Recommendations

    • Audio Contest 2018

      Audio Contest 2018
    • Plastics Contest

      Plastics Contest
    • Electronics Tips & Tricks Challenge

      Electronics Tips & Tricks Challenge

    4 Discussions

    0
    None
    cnecaise

    4 years ago on Introduction

    Love this idea! Can you tell me the dimensions of the legs?

    0
    None
    vistal

    8 years ago on Introduction

    The Cubs one Is awesome . If you have Time you should do a step by step on the process . Not the actually painting just the Publisher and printing it up part and the board sketching

    0
    None
    seamster

    8 years ago on Introduction

    The hand painting is pretty slick. You ought to include some photos of that process... it would be interesting to see.

    I was worried about the boards warping with this design until I read that they were MDF and not the typical plywood. Those should hold up very well. Nicely done!

    1 reply
    0
    None
    thoyingseamster

    Reply 8 years ago on Introduction

    I totally would have, but I didn't have access to a camera until it was done. Plus I didn't discover this website until after it was painted as well. I did it by first creating a design in Microsoft Publisher, and made a 4 by 16 square grid over it. I made a to-scale grid on the boards which I had already primed and traced the design. (Actually, my girlfriend did the transferring) Then we painted everything in with Rustoleum which is oil-based so the water wouldn't be able to be soaked up by the sponge that is MDF.