I have always loved craft work but never really dared to do anything big..this is my first attempt :) Hope you like it.
The materials used to make this beautiful flower curtain costed me around $5 and is made using the below materials :
- Poster board color papers - 5 different colors
- Wool or any thread to form garlands
Step 1: Sample Flower Cuttings
I am going to be making 6 different flower designs and I have demonstrated the flower cuttings in simple white paper just for the purpose of easy understanding.
Fold the paper diagonally in the middle to come up with a triangle and cut the extra paper
- Open the triangle, fold to make a rectangle and another fold to make a square
Open the paper, and cut along the line formed by folding, to get 4 squares
Take each square and fold the square diagonally in the middle to come up with a triangle.
Fold the resulting triangle along the middle to come up with a smaller triangle.
Fold the resulting triangle again in the middle to come up with an even smaller triangle.
Rotate the triangle so that its longest side is positioned vertically and its solid corner (the corner corresponding to the paper's center) is at the bottom. Bring the short side closest to the bottom towards the triangle's long side.
Trim off the extra triangle above the straight edge.
Draw half-a-petal starting from the top corner of the triangle's vertical side and ending about a half-inch from the bottom of the triangle's long side. Cut along the outline
Gently open up the paper to reveal an eight-petaled flower.
Create a variety of flowers by using different size and shape of the petal as shown in the picture to come up with unique flowers.
Step 2: Steps to Prepare the Flower Curtain
- Follow the procedure mentioned in Step 1 on all 5 color papers
Cut out circles from the trimmings of the color paper and glue it at the center of the flower on both the sides of the flower, so that just in case the flower rotates it looks the same from both sides
Measure out the length of the window where you would like to hang the curtain vertically and cut out the wool accordingly.
Glue the flowers together into a garland on the cut out wool
- Measure out the length of the window horizontally and cut out one string of wool to that length
- Take individual garlands and tie it to the wool that is cut on the above step
- Using a heavy duty tape or double sided tape, hang the colorful window curtain and done :)