Several years ago, as I was studying acid-base equilibria with all those nice color-changing pH indicators, I guessed it would be nice to load some empty whisky bottles with liquids of different colors. Result: a pretty simple, nice, small decorating object.
Step 1: Materials
- Some pigments for preparing coloured solutions (check step 2)
- A set of nice bottles, I think small bottles look better. I used those from a set of liqueurs.
Step 2: Coloured Solutions
I used these pigments:
- For the bottle with the green-blue solution: copper acetate
- For the bottles with red, orange, and pink solutions: some acid base indicators I took from the lab were I worked some years ago (shhh!!!) at different pH values
- For the bottle with blue solution: copper sulfate
- There's also one bottle with water :) yeah u can say I'm lazy... that's true... however, being there so much color, I think one colorless bottle suits well
Step 3: Well, That's It!
Simple yet good-looking, don't you think?