Intro: Colourful Chocolate Cupcakes
I prepared these beautiful and yummy cupcakes for myself as I was craving for something sweet and chocolaty. I decorated the top with colorful and simple toppings and could not believe how beautiful these turned out :)
Step 1: Ingredients and Procedure for Preparing Chocolate Cupcakes
- Unflavored Oil - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour - 6 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Instant coffee powder - 1/2 tsp
- Egg - 1
- Salt - pinch
- Semisweet chocolate chips - 4 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350F (175 C) degrees.
- Line a 6-well muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a large heat safe bowl, add the chocolate , then pour the water over the top to combine and microwave for 1 minute and then stir well.
- Add the coffee powder, sugar and oil, whisk to combine. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix just until combined.
- Fill the cupcake wells ¾ of the way full. Bake 17-20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Once cooled cut out the top of the cupcake and make a little well so when we fill the top with ganache and have a flat base for placing the decorations.
Step 2: Ingredients and Procedure for Preparing Chocolate Ganache
- Semisweet chocolate chips - 1 cup
- Whipping cream - 1/3 cup
In a small heat safe bowl, add the chocolate , then pour the cream over the top to combine and microwave for 2 minutes, one minute at a time and then stir well after each minute.
Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge for 12-15 hrs to achieve thick consistency and keep 30 mins in room temperature before use
Step 3: Decorating the Yummy Cupcakes
Materials required for decorating:
- Orange Candy Corn
- Mini M&M's
- Red and green sour straps(Licorice)
- Green chocolate melts
- Chocolate ganache
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Orange Candy Corn cupcake : Place one orange M&M in center and surround with candy corn
- Mini M&M cupcake : Place a candy corn in center and place 4 different colored M&M's of 3 each
- Sour straps cupcake : Take 7 red sour straps and cut in shape of petal and 3 green sour straps in shape of very small petal to depict leaf. Place a yellow M&M in center and surround with red petals overlapping a little and place the green petals in 3 open spaces
- Chocolate melt cupcake : Place a red M&M in center and surround with green chocolate melts