This dish is warm and comforting on a cold day. What makes it even better is it is soooo easy to make!
I discovered this method when I was searching for something to do with those bone-in pork chops that just don't have that classic bone-in look. You know the ones. You find them on sale and just can't resist the price. You find them at the bottom of the value pack, underneath the classic looking ones. You get the idea.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
You will need:
- 2 - 4 Pork Steaks
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1, 4-Ounce Can Mushrooms
- 1, 10.5-Ounce Can Cream of Mushroom Soup and 1 Can Water (or milk if you prefer a creamier sauce)
- 1 Package Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1, 15-Ounce Can Sweet Peas
- Saute Pan
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Medium Bowl
- Baking Dish
- Baking Sheet
Step 2: Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut onions. I like to slice and then quarter.
- Mix the Cream of Mushroom soup, can of water (milk), drained can of mushrooms, and Worcestershire Sauce together in medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour oil in your saute pan.
Step 3: Sear Your Pork Steaks
- Heat your pan with oil on medium high heat. Make sure the oil is hot before adding the pork.
- Season both sides of the pork with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook just until steaks have a delicious-looking brown crust on them.
Step 4: Prepare Dish for Oven
- Place seared pork steaks in baking dish. There is no need to oil the dish.
- Cover with onions.
- Cover with mushroom soup mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet - just in case.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 90 minutes.
Step 5: Complete
- After 90 minutes, remove pork steaks and keep warm.
- Add drained sweet peas to mushroom sauce and return to oven for 5 minutes to heat through.
Step 6: ENJOY
This dish pairs well with rice OR mashed potatoes.
Participated in the
Comfort Food Challenge