Introduction: Comfrey/Nettle Tea - Plant Food
This instructable details the way I make my plant food each year for the veg garden and greenhouse. The UK weather allows me to make 3-4 batches a year.
WARNING COMFREY/NETTLE TEA SMELLS BAD AND IT LINGERS SO AVOID GETTING ON CLOTHES AND SKIN!
Its really basic you just need:
Some comfrey and some nettles
A pair of gloves
A bucket with lid
Enough water (ideally rain water) to fill the bucket
Bottles to put your finished tea (I use old milk and squash bottles washed out)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Method
- Harvest enough comfrey and nettle mix to fill your bucket, pack it in tight.
- Fill bucket with water covering all the plant material
- Put lid on and put to one side for 3 weeks
- WARNING - IT WILL SMELL NOW
- Remove lid and using a fork or stick remove and slimy solid bits left
- Decant into bottles ready for use
- Dilute 1 part concentrated feed to 10 parts water to use.
- Enjoy the saving in buying plant food