Soon I will have my 2 weeks vacation. What about my garden? Who will nanny sit it?
Let's make a wicking system.
Step 1: Items
1.5 liter plastic drinking bottle
1" PVC T connector
5" PVC tube
2 bamboo skewer
1 golf ball
2 package of dark soil
(Items that I forget to add it in the picture)
1 fertilizer cup
A hand shovel
Step 2: The Bottle
- I cut the bottle in two from bottom straight to the top.
- Also, I remove the bottle's mouth.
Step 3: The Wick
- I join the PVC tube with the T connector.
- I cut the filter into 4" x 6" of size.
- I roll the filter and insert it into the T connector.
- I make sure about 2" of filter poke out the connector on the both sides.
- The filter will control the flow of water into the reservoir.
Step 4: The Barrier
- Then, I cut the remaining filter about 26" in length.
- I fold the filter in the middle.
- I make an incision for a hole.
Step 5: The Ground Work
- I dig a trench about 6" x 26" x 6" (w x l x h).
- I arrange the two halves of the bottle straight in the trench.
Step 6: The Tube
- I place the tube in the middle of the trench.
- I secure the tube with the bamboo skewer and fasten it with a string.
Step 7: Lay in Peace
- I place the filter so that the tube is in the middle.
- Then, I cover the trench with dirt.
Step 8: The Water
- The tube stick out about 2" off the ground.
- Using a funnel, I water the system through the tube.
Step 9: The Ball?
- For critters deterrent (from living in the tube).
- For aesthetic.
Step 10: The Cup
- For fertilizer dispenser.
Please vote for me. Thanks.