Introduction: Connect to a WoW Private Server on Mac!
This Instructable will explain step by step on how to connect to a WoW private server.
***Make sure you do not update to Cataclysm if you want to play on Private servers. If you still want to play them make sure you make a copy of your 3.3.5 client. Then update your old one.***
You will have to wait a little longer for Cataclysm Private servers. Sorry!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Find a Server and Register.
1. Go to you web browser. Mine is Safari but you can use whatever you have.
2. Go to http://xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft
3. Find a server. I just chose a random server but you can pick whatever.
4. Find the "Register New Account" or whatever it says.
Step 2: Change the Realmlist.
1. Open your WoW folder.
2. Open your Data folder.
3. Open your enUS folder.
4. Locate the realmlist.wtf
5. Open the realmlsit.wtf with TextEdit.
6. Erase everything from it and insert the new one for the private server you registered for.
Step 3: Delete Your Cache.
1. Go back to your WoW directory.
2. Open your Cache folder.
3. Open your WDB folder.
4. Open your enUS folder.
5. Delete everything in your enUS folder.
Step 4: Connect!
My favorite part!
1. Go back to the WoW directory.
2. Open World of Warcraft.
4. Create a character.
5. Enter the World of Warcraft!