The goal of this project is to make a door sign (to say if people can enter or not) but connected to Wifi (and controlled via a webpage).
[WIP] For the moment, the wifi connection does not work but I design the display and control it via a simple button.
It uses a ePaper display to consume less energy and to display all the time the info.
Step 1: What You Need ?
- Arduino board with WIFI
- a button, and jumper wires
- ePaper display (from Waveshare http://www.waveshare.com/4.3inch-e-paper.htm http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/4.3inch_e-Paper)
- the required files : https://github.com/DavidLibeau/ConnectedDoorSign/...
- a SD card
Step 2: Connect and Upload
You just have to :
- connect the screen like the Waveshare wiki is showing
- connect the button on pin 8
- plug you SD card with the two pictures
- upload the code with the libraries
That simple! ;)