Ok, I know that a lot of this stuff is frustrating, and it took me forever to do, because I was figuring it out on my own, BUT, you guys got lucky, because I just make this stuff look easy.
WHAT THIS INSTRUCTABLE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO DO:
- Hook up your Xbox 360 to a computer monitor
- Get the speakers to actually play
- Hook your Xbox 360 to the internet, through your computer! (basically, wirelessly, but without having to pay $100 for an adapter)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: First Things First
GETTING THE RIGHT PARTS!
Ok guys, I'm really sorry to say this, but, there are a few things you NEED to buy to do this instructable, and, they don't come cheap.
- Xbox VGA Cables. You can find them at Gamestop or EB games from $29-49. I recommend going with the $29 ones.
(ALSO! You can get them from Radioshack as well, for only $20, but, they're online only)
- Speaker with a 3.5 mm input. Ok, technically, you don't need this, but its a hell of a lot easier than finding an adapter. A clock radio that can accept an MP3 player works fine, and as you can see from the picture, Thats what I used
- A computer with a wireless internet connection (Because, if your router is that close, do you really need to hook up your 360 wirelessly?)
Step 2: Simple Part (Hooking Up to the Computer Monitor)
Go buy the cable. Its honestly the easiest thing in the world to plug it in once you have them.
Step 3: Less Easy Part (Hooking Up to the Speakers)
Ok, the cable comes with an adapter that will allow you to plug in the Left and Right component audio cables, and it comes out as a male 3.5 mm plug. So, what you're gonna want to do, is find anything that you can plug your MP3 player into, and put it in there. I find that a clock stereo thing works best, you can get one from 5 Below, or Target, or Walmart, for really cheap, and normally they work well.
Step 4: Hooking It Up to the Internet. (it Gets Pretty Confusing)
Guys, this took me about 30 minutes to do, which is a hell of a lot of time when you REALLY wanna play MW2.
What you need:
- Ethernet Cable
- Computer with a wireless connection.
Step 5: Interweb Connection. (Evan, Skip to Here)
Ok, before I get any dumb questions, YES! IT WILL WORK WITH A LAPTOP, AS LONG AS THE LAPTOP HAS AN ETHERNET CABLE INPUT/OUTPUT! (....Evan)
What you're going to want to do first, is find an Ethernet Cable that will plug into your 360 (from both sides, meaning, make sure that the ethernet cable can be reversed)
Now that you have the cable, go to the back of your computer. make sure you plug it into the right one. (Which, is the one on the left, in the picture)
Step 6: Still Not Connected Yet.
Ok, now that its PHYSICALLY connected, you still need to branch the connection. The picture shown is what it should look like at the end.
1) Go to Control Panel > Network Connections
2) Make it so that the "Network Cable" and the "Wireless Network Connection" are both highlighted.
3) Right Click > "Bridge Connections"
BAM! You got that shit on lock.
Step 7: All Thats Left, Is to Test It.
Unplug your computer from the monitor, and plug in the 360. Then, turn it on, test the sound, test the internet connection.