Intro: Controlling the Brightness of LED Using Arduino and Bluetooth Module(HC-05)
In this tutorial, we are going to control the brightness of LED using Arduino UNO, Bluetooth Module(HC-05) and Android application for Bluetooth(Bluetooth Terminal)
Step 1: Components
- Arduino Uno
- Bluetooth Module(HC-05)
- Light Emitting Diode(Red)
- Jumper wires
- Android Application:- Bluetooth Terminal(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.menthoven.arduinoandroid)
Step 2: Schematics
Step 3: Program
Step 4: Working
The circuit is assembled and the Bluetooth communication is established.
- In Bluetooth communication, one character is transferred at a time.
- Numerical digits (0 - 9) is transferred as a character from the Android application, one at a time.
- Data received by Bluetooth Module(HC-05) is automatically converted to ASCII values with "0" representing 48(integer) and "9" representing 57(integer).
- The mapping of the values is done to control the brightness of LED, with "0" representing OFF state(0V) and "9" representing Brightest state(i.e 5V)